Mike Budenholzer gets the vacant head coaching for the Milwaukee Bucks. He won the coach of the year a few years back with the Atlanta Hawks
The New York Giants have signed the Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator, Pat Shurmur to become their new head coach. He’s done a great job with journeyman quarterback Case Keenum this season and its paid off in a big way with a head coaching gig in the big apple (well technically New Jersey but work with me here). He’ll officially sign after the Vikings season is over.
The Chicago Bears have named Matt Nagy as their new head coach. He was the Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator most recently and has worked with Andy Reid for the last 10 years in a variety of positions. The Bears thought is that he can come in a help quarterback Mitch Trubisky really advance his game to the next level.
Raiders are giving new head coach Jon Gruden a 10-year contract, the longest coaching deal in NFL history. The deal is to be worth about $100 million. Gruden will not be given a stake in ownership as previously speculated.
The January transfer window is officially open and there’s plenty of rumors and done deals to keep an eye on.
- Liverpool has brought on the highly touted dutch center back Virgil van Dijk from Southampton for $101 million.
- Leicester City welcomes Portuguese midfielder, Adrien Silva who will replace Danny Drinkwater who went to Chelsea during the summer window.
- Striker Diego Costa and midfielder Vitolo have finally joined Atletico Madrid after the clubs transfer ban ended with this transfer window.
- Bayarn Munich have signed striker Sandro Wagner from Hoffenheim on a 2 1/2 year deal worth $15 million.
- Chelsea have signed Ross Barkley from Everton
- Everton sign striker Cenk Tosun from Turkish club Besiktas
- FC Barcelona have finally got the signature of star Brazilian winger Philippe Coutinho from Liverpool for $192 million
- Striker Carlos Tevez returns to his home country Argentina to sign with his old club Boca Juniors
- Columbian Yerry Mina joins Barcelona from Brazilian club Palmeiras
- Landon Donovan comes out of retirement to join Mexican club Leon
- Theo Walcott is on his way to Everton from Arsenal for approximately $35 million
- Alexis Sanchez is on his way to Manchester United from Arsenal
- Napoli are looking to sell left-back Faouzi Ghoulam to Manchester United as they look to sign Benfica left-back Alejandro Grimaldo.
- Manchester United are wanting to sign FC Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes.
- Real Madrid are considering selling star Toni Kroos to PSG in an effort to sign Neymar in the summer.
- Chelsea have reached out to Bayarn Munich about acquiring central defending midfielder Arturo Vidal.
- Arsenal are on the verge of signing star striker, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund.
That’s the million dollar question if you’re the Raiders organization. Owner Mark Davis fired coach Jack Del Rio after just 2 seasons and giving him a four-year extension earlier this year. The reason, John Gruden, who hasn’t coached in the NFL since 2008 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers but yet finds himself as the most sought after coach on the market year after year. Gruden is currently color commentating Monday night football on ESPN and with that comfy of a job it’ll take a very lucrative offer for him to leave. Mark Davis plans on doing just that by reportedly offering Gruden an annual salary of $10 million and a stake in ownership. Now, Gruden is playing dumb and denying knowledge of these details saying, “Well, I think I am being considered, yes. I hope I’m a candidate”. Raider nation is crossing their fingers on this one. Gruden previously coached with the Raiders from 1998-2001 with a 38-26 record.
Check out my updated post on this topic.